Jump to Main Content
- Sayed, Farheen N.; Grover, V.; Sudarsan, V.; Pandey, B.N.; Asthana, A.; Vatsa, R.K.; Tyagi, A.K.
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2012 v.367 no.1 pp. 161-170
- X-ray diffraction; breast neoplasms; color; confocal microscopy; energy efficiency; energy transfer; ethylene glycol; fluorescence; gadolinium; humans; ions; nanocrystals; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; optical properties; solvents; temperature; white light
- ... Rare-earth-doped gadolinium fluoride nanocrystals were synthesized by a single step synthesis employing ethylene glycol as solvent. Based on X-ray diffraction studies, stabilization of hexagonal modification of GdF₃ has been inferred. The microscopic studies show formation of uniformly distributed nanocrystals (∼15nm). The nanoparticles are readily dispersible in water and show bright luminescence ...
- Jung, Chan Yoon; Kim, Jung Soo; Kim, Ha Young; Ha, Jung Min; Kim, Yong Hyun; Koo, Sang Man
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2012 v.367 no.1 pp. 67-73
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; chemical reactions; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; physical properties; scanning electron microscopy; silica; stable isotopes; synthesis; thermogravimetry; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Here we report a facile one-pot synthetic method for organically modified silica (ORMOSIL) particles having multiple functional groups and demonstrate the homogeneous distribution of functional groups in ORMOSIL particles by chemical reactions of each surface functional group with fluorescent dyes such as fluroescamine and rhodamine B isothiocyanate. Dye-tagged ORMOSIL particles having tri-functio ...