Jump to Main Content
- Knutson, Barbara L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2014 v.428 pp. 101-110
- adsorption; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; electrostatic interactions; glucose; molecular imprinting; nanoparticles; silica; surfactants; turbidity; xylose
- ... The use of surfactant headgroups for interfacial imprinting is established as a simple and tunable approach to create molecularly imprinted silica nanoparticles based on a modification of the Stöber method. Adsorption of d-glucose and d-xylose (initial concentrations ranging from 0.139 to 1.67mol/l) is measured on silica nanoparticles created by the addition of a glucose-based surfactant (n-octyl- ...
- Knutson, Barbara L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2012 v.367 no.1 pp. 183-192
- carbon dioxide; energy; glass; perfluorocarbons; silica; surfactants
- ... The penetration of compressed CO₂ in hydrocarbon and fluorocarbon regions of concentrated surfactant mesophases are interpreted from differences in the CO₂-processed pore expansion of mesoporous silica thin films templated by three surfactants containing varying degrees of hydrocarbon and fluorocarbon functionality. Ordered silica thin films are synthesized for the first time using the 16-carbon ( ...