Jump to Main Content
- Qing, Chengsong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2012 v.385 no.1 pp. 81-86
- X-ray diffraction; aluminum; chemical composition; coprecipitation; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; goethite; potassium hydroxide; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Goethite and Al-substituted goethite were synthesized from the reaction between ferric nitrate and/or aluminum nitrate and potassium hydroxide. XRF, XRD, TEM with EDS were used to characterize the chemical composition, phase and lattice parameters, and morphology of the synthesized products. The results show that d(020) decreases from 4.953 to 4.949Å and the b dimension decreases from 9.951Å to 9. ...
- Qing, Chengsong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2013 v.393 pp. 87-91
- X-radiation; adsorption; ammonia; desorption; heat treatment; palygorskite; rehydration; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... Palygorskite has a fibrous like morphology with a distinctive layered appearance. The simplified formula of palygorskite (Mg₅Si₈O₂₀(OH)₂(OH₂)₄⋅nH₂O) indicates that two different types of water are present. The dehydration and rehydration of palygorskite have been studied using thermogravimetry and H₂O-temperature programmed desorption. X-ray diffractograms, NH₃ adsorption profiles, and NH₃ desorpt ...