Jump to Main Content
- Clegg, S.R.; Crosby-Durrani, H.E.; Bell, J.; Blundell, R.; Blowey, R.W.; Carter, S.D.; Evans, N.J.
- Journal of comparative pathology 2016 v.154 no.4 pp. 273-282
- bacteria; cattle; dermatitis; genes; hair follicles; host range; immunohistochemistry; legs; pain; pathogenesis; people; polymerase chain reaction; pressure ulcers; ribosomal RNA; tissues
- ... Pressure sores cause severe pain and discomfort in hospitalized people and in farmed cattle and are often infected with unknown bacteria. Pressure sores occur on the upper legs of 6–10% of recumbent cattle and are generally considered to be caused by constant pressure, commonly on bony areas of the limbs. This study analyzed pressure sores taken from the upper limbs of 14 cattle using isolation in ...
- Crosby-Durrani, H.E.; Clegg, S.R.; Singer, E.; Angell, J.W.; Evans, N.J.; Carter, S.D.; Blundell, R.J.; Duncan, J.S.
- Journal of comparative pathology 2016 v.154 no.4 pp. 283-296
- Treponema medium; Treponema phagedenis; bacteria; cattle; dairy goats; dermatitis; hyperkeratosis; immunohistochemistry; pododermatitis; sesamoid bones; sheep
- ... Treponeme-associated foot disease has been described in cattle with digital dermatitis and sheep with contagious ovine digital dermatitis. In this study, severe foot lesions in dairy goats associated with digital dermatitis treponemes (i.e. Treponema medium, Treponema phagedenis and Treponema pedis) were characterized macroscopically, radiographically and histologically. The main macroscopic foot ...