Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Jeff A.K.; Martin, William A.; Johnson, Jared L.; McCray, John E.
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2019 v.223 pp. 103472
- unsaturated flow, etc ; adsorption; carboxylic acids; equations; groundwater; ionic strength; ions; mathematical models; nonaqueous phase liquids; porous media; prediction; surface tension; vadose zone; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The release and transport of linear perfluorocarboxylic acids (PFCA) within the vadose-zone beneath per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance (PFAS)- and non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL)-contaminated source areas is influenced by multi-phase interfacial retention phenomena. Conceptually, interfacial adsorption results in retardation of PFCA velocities in subsurface multiphase systems. However, site hydroc ...
- Gargiulo, G.; Bradford, S.; Šimůnek, J.; Ustohal, P.; Vereecken, H.; Klumpp, E.
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2007 v.92 no.3-4 pp. 255
- unsaturated flow, etc ; vadose zone; porous media; sand; unsaturated conditions; particle size; soil transport processes; bacterial contamination; Rhodococcus rhodochrous; cell aggregates; bacterial adhesion; outer membrane proteins; soil pollution; mathematical models; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Unsaturated (80% water saturated) packed column experiments were conducted to investigate the influence of grain size distribution and bacteria surface macromolecules on bacteria (Rhodococcus rhodochrous) transport and deposition mechanisms. Three sizes of silica sands were used in these transport experiments, and their median grain sizes were 607, 567, and 330 microm. The amount of retained bacte ...