Jump to Main Content
- Xiang, Yu; Liang, Liang; Wang, Xueqing; Wang, Jiancheng; Zhang, Xuan; Zhang, Qiang
- Journal of controlled release 2011 v.152 no.3 pp. 402-410
- blood; brain; cytotoxicity; doxorubicin; encapsulation; endothelial cells; flow cytometry; fluorescence; growth retardation; image analysis; mice; microscopy; models; neoplasms; pharmacology; therapeutics
- ... The chlorotoxin (ClTx), a scorpion-derived peptide, binding to gliomas with high specificity, was firstly applied to establish the ClTx-modified doxorubicin (DOX)-loaded liposome delivery system for targeting the brain glioma and improving the anticancer efficacy. In vitro physicochemical characterization of the novel liposome system presented satisfactory size of 100nm with uniform distribution, ...
- Hardwicke, Joseph T.; Hart, Jeff; Bell, Andrea; Duncan, Ruth; Thomas, David W.; Moseley, Ryan
- Journal of controlled release 2011 v.152 no.3 pp. 411-417
- alpha-amylase; angiogenesis; blood; dextrins; epidermal growth factor; fibroblasts; granulation tissue; humans; keratinocytes; mice; models; polymers; proteolysis; therapeutics; tissue repair
- ... Chronic wounds, such as ulceration of the lower limb, represent a significant clinical challenge in today's ageing society. With the aim of identifying improved therapeutics, we have previously described a bioresponsive, dextrin–recombinant human epidermal growth factor conjugate (dextrin–rhEGF), that (i) protects rhEGF against proteolytic degradation by human chronic wound fluid; and (ii) mediate ...