Jump to Main Content
- Wedegaertner, Tom, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cotton science 2016 v.20 pp. 145-153
- Gossypium; crossing; fiber content; germplasm; hybrids; lint cotton; lint yield; micronaire; parents; transgressive segregation
- ... Improvement in lint yield is vital to commercial production of glandless cotton. The objective of this study was to determine if glanded ‘Acala 1517-08’ could be converted to glandless cotton without a yield penalty by crossing breeding with an obsolete glandless cotton. From 500 F2 plants, 18 glandless individuals were selected, and their F4 lines were compared with both parents. This led to a se ...
- Wedegaertner, Tom, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cotton science 2011 v.15 no.1 pp. 43
- cotton ginning; processing waste; cotton; equipment performance; separators; extractors; fiber quality; economic analysis; prices; cotton gin trash; cottonseed
- ... Previous studies evaluating the constituents of gin waste indicated 10 to 25% of the total mass consisted of recoverable fibers that have the potential to be marketed as gin motes. As a result of these findings and of practical experience from a commercial cotton gin, questions arose as to the best sequence of cotton gin precleaning equipment needed to recover the largest quantity of mote quality ...