Jump to Main Content
- Schukken, Y.H.; Hertl, J.; Bar, D.; Bennett, G.J.; González, R.N.; Rauch, B.J.; Santisteban, C.; Schulte, H.F.; Tauer, L.; Welcome, F.L.; Gröhn, Y.T.
- Journal of dairy science 2009 v.92 no.7 pp. 3091-3105
- bovine mastitis; Holstein; dairy cows; milk yield; parity (reproduction); Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; dairy herds; lactation; animal health; disease severity; relapse; protective effect; New York
- ... The objective of this study was to estimate the effects of recurrent episodes of gram-positive and gram-negative cases of clinical mastitis (CM) on milk production in Holstein dairy cows. We were interested in the severity of repeated cases in general, but also in the severity of the host response as judged by milk production loss when a previous case was caused by a similar or different microorga ...
- Smith, R.L.; Grohn, Y.T.; Pradhan, A.K.; Whitlock, R.H.; Van Kessel, J.S.; Smith, J.M.; Wolfgang, D.R.; Schukken, Y.H.
- Journal of dairy science 2009 v.92 no.6 pp. 2653
- longitudinal studies; paratuberculosis; milk yield; milk production; cattle diseases; dairy cows; disease incidence; Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; Dairy Herd Improvement Associations; New York; Vermont; Pennsylvania
- ... Longitudinal data from 3 commercial dairy herds in the northeast United States were collected from 2004 to 2007. Johne's disease status, as indicated by Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis infection levels, was determined through quarterly ELISA serum testing, biannual fecal culture, and culture of tissues at slaughter. Milk production data were collected from the Dairy Herd Improvement Asso ...