Jump to Main Content
- Dhiman, T.R.; Bal, M.A.; Wu, Z.; Moreira, V.R.; Shaver, R.D.; Satter, L.D.; Shinners, K.J.; Walgenbach, R.P.
- Journal of dairy science 2000 v.83 no.11 pp. 2521
- dairy cows; corn silage; feed formulation; milling; particle size; body weight; milk yield; feed intake; milk fat percentage; milk fat yield; milk protein percentage; rumen fermentation; pH; ammonia; amino acids; volatile fatty acids; blood glucose; blood plasma; urea; rumen fluids; feces composition
- ... We conducted three experiments to determine the influence of mechanical processing on corn silage utilization by lactating dairy cows. Total mixed rations contained either unprocessed or processed corn silage harvested between 1/4 and 3/4 milk line. In trial 1, 12 multiparous Holstein cows were used in a replicated double switchback design with 21-d periods. Intake of dry matter (DM) was increased ...
- Broderick, G.A.; De Leon, N.; Nakamura, Y.
- Journal of dairy science 2000 v.83 no.11 pp. 2548
- dairy cows; middlings; alfalfa silage; corn silage; corn; urea; nonprotein nitrogen; soybean meal; feed intake; milk yield; feed conversion; milk fat yield; milk fat percentage; milk protein yield; milk protein percentage; urine; allantoin; uric acid; creatinine; digestibility; rumen fermentation; volatile fatty acids; rumen fluids
- ... Two feeding trials evaluated several byproducts from commercial amino acid fermentations as N supplements for lactating cows. Trial 1 was a replicated 5 x 5 Latin square that used 2-wk periods and 25 Holstein cows (five with ruminal cannulae) fed diets containing [dry matter (DM) basis] 28% alfalfa silage, 31% corn silage, 28% high moisture ear corn plus 4 percentage units of crude protein (CP) fr ...