Jump to Main Content
- Powell, R.L.
- Journal of dairy science 1991 v.74 no.2 pp. 623
- dairy cattle; sire evaluation; daughters; estimation; statistical analysis; bias; Canada; United States
- ... Degree of bias in Modified Contemporary Comparison evaluations from including imported daughters was investigated to determine its impact on sire evaluation and subsequent development of conversion formulas between countries. Separate Modified Contemporary Deviations were computed from all daughters, only daughters with US dams, and only daughters with Canadian dams (daughters considered to be imp ...
- Hoeschele, I.; VanRaden, P.M.
- Journal of dairy science 1991 v.74 no.2 pp. 557
- mathematical models; algorithms; sires
- ... For estimation of dominance effects and dominance variance, the inverse of a dominance relationship matrix is required. Dominance effects can be partitioned into sire X dam or sire X maternal grandsire subclass effects that are inherited and residuals with in subclass that are not inherited. The subclass effects have immediate use in predicting performance of offspring from prospective matings. A ...