Jump to Main Content
- Barth, A.P.; Tormena, C.F.; Viotto, W.H.
- Journal of dairy science 2017 v.100 no.11 pp. 8735-8743
- calcium caseinate, etc ; adhesion; calcium; hardness; hydrolysis; manufacturing; milk; monitoring; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; phosphorus; polyphosphates; processed cheeses; stable isotopes; viscosity; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... We investigated the effect of pH (5.2 to 6.8) on the hydrolysis of a sodium polyphosphate in water, milk, calcium caseinate, and spreadable processed cheese, as well as the effect of pH on the cheese structure. Monitoring of the hydrolysis in water and the different milk matrices was carried out using 31P nuclear magnetic resonance technique. In general, the decrease in pH increased the hydrolysis ...
- Post, A.E.; Arnold, B.; Weiss, J.; Hinrichs, J.
- Journal of dairy science 2012 v.95 no.4 pp. 1603-1616
- calcium caseinate, etc ; alphaS-casein; beta-casein; calcium; calcium chloride; dissociation; fractionation; milk; pH; raw materials; sodium caseinate; solubility; temperature; ultrafiltration; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Selective precipitation is a common method for the isolation of β-casein, using the different calcium sensitivities of the individual caseins and the selective solubility of β-casein at a low temperature. In previous studies, it has been indicated that the β-casein yield depends on the physicochemical characteristics of the casein raw material used for fractionation. The objective of this study wa ...