Jump to Main Content
- Aguerre, M. J.; Wattiaux, M. A.; Powell, J. M.
- Journal of dairy science 2012 v.95 pp. 7409
- methane production, etc ; air flow; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; barns; barrels; carbon dioxide; carbon nitrogen ratio; dairy cows; dairy manure; feed concentrates; forage; gas emissions; greenhouse gases; litter (bedding); methane; nitrous oxide; pH; storage time; straw; total mixed rations; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Sixteen 200-L barrels were used to determine the effects of dietary forage to concentrate ratio (F:C) on rates of NH3-N, N2O, CH4 and CO2 emission from dairy manure during a 77-d storage period. Manure was obtained from a companion study where cows were assigned to total mixed rations that included the following F:C ratio: 47:53, 54:46, 61:39 and 68:32 (diet dry matter (DM) basis) and housed in ai ...
- Wilkerson, V.A.; Casper, D.P.; Mertens, D.R.
- Journal of dairy science 1995 v.78 no.11 pp. 2402
- methane production, etc ; dairy cows; prediction; equations; lactation; dry period; dietary carbohydrate; accuracy; feed intake; methane; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Ruminants are one of many sources contributing to atmospheric methane. The accuracy of seven published equations for methane prediction was evaluated using a data file consisting of 16 experiments (602 observations). Methane energy emissions ranged from .89 to 7.21 Mcal/d for Holstein cows. The DMI ranged from 9.7 to 28.7 kg/d for lactating cows and 4.0 to 12.9 kg/d for nonlactating cows. Mean die ...