Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: giani?
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2012 v.95 no.11 pp. 6260-6273
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; denaturation; differential scanning calorimetry; dispersions; food industry; functional properties; gelatinization temperature; gelation; gels; heat; heat treatment; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; light scattering; modulus of elasticity; pH; protein aggregates; sodium chloride; thermal stability; transmission electron microscopy; whey protein isolate
- ... A 5% (wt/vol) whey protein isolate (WPI) dispersion (pH 6.5) with different concentrations of NaCl was submitted to dynamic heat treatment. Protein dispersions were characterized as to their rheological properties, particle sizes, morphology, denaturation temperatures, and protein surface hydrophobicity. At low ionic strength (<200mmol/kg), gel elastic modulus increased and strongest gel stiffness ...
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2011 v.94 no.1 pp. 14-23
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; calcium chloride; casein; denaturation; powders; rehydration; salt concentration; sodium chloride; turbidity; whey powder
- ... Rehydration of native micellar casein and native whey isolate protein powders was followed in different ionic environments. Solutions of NaCl and CaCl₂ in the concentration range of 0 to 12% (wt%) were used as rehydration media. The rehydration profiles obtained were interpreted in terms of wetting, swelling, and dispersion stages by using a turbidity method. Two behaviors were observed depending ...