Jump to Main Content
- YADAV, R K; RUPA KUMAR, K; RAJEEVAN, M
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 611-623
- temporal variation; statistics; rivers; water supply; winter; meteorology; Earth system science; hills; glaciers; melting; atmospheric precipitation; crops; India; Himalayan region
- ... Northwestern parts of India receive considerable amount of precipitation during the winter months of December–March. Although, it is only about 15% of the annual precipitation, the precipitation is very important for rabi crops and to maintain the glaciers extend in the Himalaya, which melt and supply water to the rivers during other seasons. The precipitation is mainly associated with the sequenc ...
- GULERIA, RAJ PAUL; KUNIYAL, JAGDISH CHANDRA; SHARMA, NAND LAL; DHYANI, PITAMBER PRASAD
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 697-710
- winter; Earth system science; monsoon season; aerosols; seasonal variation; wavelengths; India; Himalayan region
- ... Investigations of aerosol optical and physical characteristics using the application of Ã
ngstrÃ¶m formula and second order polynomial fit were carried out from April 2006 to March 2009 at Mohal in the Kullu valley. The measurements of spectral aerosol optical depths (AODs) were conducted using multi-wavelength radiometer (MWR). The AOD at 0.5Â Î¼m wavelength on daily basis (mean Â± standard devia ...