Jump to Main Content
- LAL, D; CHAUHAN, P; SHAH, R D; BHATTACHARYA, S; AJAI,; KIRAN KUMAR, A S
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 847-853
- Earth system science; absorption; iron; models; magnesium; minerals; reflectance; India
- ... Spectral reflectance data derived from Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) onboard Indiaâs Chandrayaan-1 has revealed Fe bearing Mg-spinel-rich lithology on central peaks of the crater Theophilus. These newly identified Fe bearing Mg-spinel-rich rock types are defined by their strong 2-Î¼m absorption and lack of 1-Î¼m absorptions in spectral reflectance response. Such lithology has been reported previou ...
- DEV, SHEENA V; RADHAKRISHNA, M; CHAND, SHYAM; SUBRAHMANYAM, C
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 813-822
- topography; basins; Earth system science; models; tectonics; gravity; India
- ... Litho-stratigraphic variation of sedimentary units constructed from seismic sections and gravity anomaly in the Konkan and Kerala basins of the western continental margin of India (WCMI) have been used to model processes such as lithospheric rifting mechanism, its strength, and evolution of flank uplift topography that led to the present-day Western Ghats escarpment. Based on the process-oriented ...