Jump to Main Content
- Jefferson, Richard G.
- Journal of ecology 2008 v.96 no.2 pp. 386-412
- Formicidae; Mercurialis perennis; aerenchyma; biomass; clones; drought; flooded conditions; flora; forbs; habitats; herbivores; limestone; pH; peat; phenology; physiology; sandy soils; shoots; soil texture; summer; temperate zones; toxicity; vegetative propagation; woodlands; British Isles
- ... 1. This account reviews information on all aspects of the biology of Mercurialis perennis that are relevant to understanding its ecological characteristics and behaviour. The main topics are presented within the standard framework of the Biological Flora of the British Isles: distribution, habitat, communities, responses to biotic factors, responses to environment, structure and physiology, phenol ...
- Miller, Paul A.; Giesecke, Thomas; Hickler, Thomas; Bradshaw, Richard H.W.; Smith, Benjamin; Seppä, Heikki; Valdes, Paul J.; Sykes, Martin T.
- Journal of ecology 2008 v.96 no.2 pp. 247-259
- Alnus incana; General Circulation Models; Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; anthropogenic activities; biomass; biotic potential; climate; climate change; drought; pollen; simulation models; summer; temperature; treeline; trees; Finland; Scandinavia; Sweden
- ... 1. We investigated the potential drivers of Holocene vegetation changes recorded at four Scandinavian pollen sites, two in Sweden and two in Finland, at a time when they were largely free of anthropogenic influence. 2. We used the generalized dynamic vegetation model LPJ-GUESS forced with climate anomaly output from an atmospheric general circulation model to simulate tree species dynamics from 10 ...