Jump to Main Content
- Palumbo, John C.; Prabhaker, Nilima; Reed, Darcy A.; Perring, Thomas M.; Castle, Steven J.; Huang, Ta-I
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.2 pp. 672-682
- chlorpyrifos; lambda-cyhalothrin; fenpropathrin; Bagrada; imidacloprid; plant damage; adults; greenhouses; foliar spraying; nymphs; plant growth; broccoli; insecticidal properties; soil; bioassays; bifenthrin; mortality; dinotefuran; antifeedants; pesticide application; thiamethoxam; Brassica oleracea var. italica; greenhouse experimentation; methomyl
- ... Fiield-collected nymphs and adults of Bagrada hilaris (Burmeister) (Hemiptera: Penatatomidae) from three locations were evaluated for susceptibility to insecticides representing 10 classes of insecticide chemistry. Although relative susceptibilities differed between leaf-spray and leaf-dip Petri dish bioassays, consistently low LC(50) values were determined for chlorpyrifos, bifenthrin, and lambda ...
- Goble, Tarryn A.; Hajek, Ann E.; Jackson, Mark A.; Gardescu, Sana
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.2 pp. 433-443
- Acer pensylvanicum; Anoplophora glabripennis; Metarhizium brunneum; Plantago; adults; bark; bolts; conidia; death; entomopathogenic fungi; fecundity; females; forests; granules; humidity; insect control; insect pests; orchards; oviposition; progeny; sclerotia; straw mulches; water activity; wheat straw
- ... The entomopathogenic fungus Metarhizium brunneum (Petch), strain F52 (Hypocreales: Clavicipitaceae) is able to produce environmentally persistent microsclerotia. Incorporating these desiccation-tolerant M. brunneum F52 microsclerotia (Mb MS) granules into hydromulch [a mixture of water + wheat straw mulch + psyllium tackifier], may represent a novel, easy-to-use and environmentally-friendly mycoin ...