Jump to Main Content
- Puterka, G. J; Giles, K. L.; Brown, M. J.; Nicholson, S. J.; Hammon, R. W.; Peairs, F. B.; Randolph, T. L.; Michaels, G. J.; Bynum, E. D.; Springer, T. L.; Armstrong, J. S.; Mornhinweg, D. W.
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.2 pp. 798-804
- cultivars; barley; Diuraphis noxia; plant-insect relations; wheat; biotypes; genes; planting; genetic variation; population; pest resistance; Texas; Great Plains region; Colorado
- ... A key component of Russian wheat aphid, Diuraphis noxia (Kurdjumov), management has been through planting resistant wheat cultivars. A new biotype, RWA2, appeared in 2003 which caused widespread damage to wheat cultivars containing the Dn4 gene. Biotypic diversity in Russian wheat aphid populations has not been addressed since 2005 when RWA2 dominated the biotype complex. Our objectives were to de ...
- Armstrong, J. Scott; Rooney, William L.; Peterson, Gary C.; Villenueva, Raul T.; Brewer, Michael J.; Sekula-Ortiz, Danielle
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.2 pp. 576-582
- cross resistance; field experimentation; pest resistance; greenhouses; barley; hybrids; Hordeum vulgare; Schizaphis graminum; Panicum miliaceum subsp. miliaceum; Eragrostis tef; grasses; Zea mays; host range; hosts; corn; Secale cereale; rye; entomology; breeding; greenhouse experimentation; Sorghum halepense; biotypes; Melanaphis sacchari; Sorghum bicolor; India; South Africa; Texas; Southeastern United States
- ... The graminous host range and sources of sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench.] plant resistance, including cross-resistance from greenbug, Schizaphis graminum (Rondani), were studied for the newly emerging sugarcane aphid, Melanaphis sacchari (Zehntner), in greenhouse no-choice experiments and field evaluations. The sugarcane aphid could not survive on field corn, Zea mays (L.), Teff grass, Eragro ...