Jump to Main Content
- Light, Douglas M.; Ovchinnikova, Inna; Jackson, Eric S.; Haff, Ronald P.
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.5 pp. 2200-2212
- Amyelois transitella; X-radiation; adults; dose response; eclosion; eggs; embryogenesis; fecundity; females; irradiation; male fertility; males; mating frequency; moths; progeny; sterile insect technique
- ... Male adult navel orangeworm, Amyelois transitella (Walker), were irradiated using a laboratory scale x-ray irradiation unit to determine the required dose for complete egg sterility of mated female moths and inherited sterility of F1 and F2 generations. Adult male A. transitella were irradiated in two separate experiments at 100–300 Gy and 50–175 Gy. Mating frequency, fecundity, and fertility of n ...
- Campbell, James F.; Buckman, Karrie A.; Fields, Paul G.; Subramanyam, Bhadriraju
- Journal of economic entomology 2015 v.108 no.5 pp. 2125-2140
- Tribolium castaneum; Tribolium confusum; data collection; heat; heat treatment; insect control; kairomones; meta-analysis; methyl bromide; milling industry; pests; pheromone traps; population; rice; sulfuryl fluoride; wheat
- ... The phase out of methyl bromide for the treatment of structures where grain is milled or processed has triggered a need to evaluate the effectiveness of alternative structural treatments such as sulfuryl fluoride and heat. Tribolium castaneum (Herbst) (red flour beetle) and Tribolium confusum Jacquelin du Val (confused flour beetle) (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae) are primary targets for structural tr ...