Jump to Main Content
- Tewari, S.; Buonaccorsi, J. P.; Averill, A. L.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1339-1348
- Dasineura oxycoccana; Vaccinium macrocarpon; apical meristems; buds; cranberries; cultivars; dormancy; flowers; fruits; greenhouse experimentation; growing season; herbivores; larvae; plant response; shoots; vegetative growth; Massachusetts
- ... Larvae of cranberry tipworm, Dasineura oxycoccana Johnson, disrupt early season growth of cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton) uprights or shoots by feeding on apical meristem tissue. A 2-yr field study was carried out at three different locations to determine the impact of tipworm feeding injury on the reproductive and vegetative growth of two cranberry cultivars (‘Howes’ and ‘Stevens’) in Mas ...
- Santolamazza-Carbone, S.; Velasco, P.; Selfa, J.; Soengas, P.; Cartea, M. E.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1134-1144
- Brassica oleracea; Cotesia glomerata; Diadegma; Mamestra brassicae; Pieris rapae; Telenomus; biological control; cabbage; cole crops; cultivars; eggs; foraging; herbivores; host plants; host-parasitoid relationships; intraspecific variation; kale; larvae; leaves; parasitism; parasitoids; pupae; species diversity; Spain
- ... The aim of the study was to investigate the attractiveness to herbivores and parasitoids of two cultivars of Brassica oleracea L., namely, B. oleracea variety acephala (kale) and B. oleracea variety capitata (cabbage), that exhibit differences of morphological and biochemical traits. To this end, field samplings were replicated at seven localities in Galicia (northwestern Spain). Three specialist ...