Jump to Main Content
- Fontenot, Emily A.; Arthur, Frank H.; Nechols, James R.; Langemeier, Michael R.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1503
- Plodia interpunctella; aerosols; application timing; chemical control; diet; economic feasibility; esfenvalerate; fumigants; insect control; integrated pest management; methoprene; methyl bromide; mortality; pest control operators; pesticide application; pyrethrins; risk; temperature
- ... Economic evaluations of integrated pest management strategies are becoming increasingly important as restrictions on conventional insecticides continue to become more stringent and chemical control costs rise. Aerosol treatments with insect growth regulators alone and in combination with conventional contact insecticides may be a feasible alternative to expensive and highly toxic fumigants such as ...
- Bennett, Meghan M.; Petersen, Kelsey; Yocum, George; Rinehart, Joseph; Kemp, William; Greenlee, Kendra J.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1089
- Megachile rotundata; alternative pollinators; cold storage; crop production; crops; flight; metabolism; mortality; oxygen; resting metabolic rate; shelf life; storage time; winter
- ... The alfalfa leafcutting bee, Megachile rotundata (F.), is a solitary, cavity-nesting bee and is the primary pollinator for alfalfa seed production. Bee management practices include cold storage during the prepupal stage. Fluctuating thermal regimes during cold storage increases survival of cold storage and allows a doubling of the cold storage period with no decrease in survival. However, survival ...