Jump to Main Content
- Petzold-Maxwell Jennifer L.; Alves Analiza P.; Estes Ronald E.; Gray Michael E.; Meinke Lance J.; Shields Elson J.; Thompson Stephen D.; Tinsley Nicholas A.; Gassmann Aaron J.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.5 pp. 2195-2207
- Bacillus thuringiensis; Diabrotica virgifera virgifera; adulthood; adults; bioassays; clothianidin; corn; fecundity; head; insect pests; larvae; longevity; progeny; seed treatment; seeds; selection pressure; thiamethoxam; toxins; transgenic plants
- ... The refuge strategy can delay resistance of insect pests to transgenic maize producing toxins from Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt). This is important for the western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera LeConte (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), because of its history of adaptation to several management practices. A 2-yr study across four locations was conducted to measure the effects of integrated ...
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...