Jump to Main Content
- J. Scott Armstrong; Michael J. Brewer; Roy D. Parker; J. J. Adamczyk
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.1 pp. 189-195
- Creontiades; plant damage; seed cotton; flowering; abscission; insect pests; lint cotton; age structure; Gossypium hirsutum; seeds; weight loss; temperature; heat sums; bolls; Texas
- ... The verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus (Distant), has been present in south Texas for several years but has more recently been documented as an economic threat to cultivated cotton, (Gossypium hirsutum L. Our studies over 2 yr (2009 and 2010) and two locations (Weslaco and Corpus Christi, TX) investigated feeding-injury of the verde plant bug to a range of cotton boll age classes defined by bol ...
- Rosenheim Jay A.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1286-1293
- Gossypium hirsutum; Lygus hesperus; abscission; buds; commercial farms; cotton; data collection; decision making; defoliants; farmers; farmers' attitudes; herbivores; observational studies; pest management; plant growth; plant growth substances
- ... Because the farmer is typically excluded from the experimental research setting, experimental research may face challenges in evaluating pest management tactics whose costs and benefits hinge on farmer decision-making. In these cases an ecoinformatics approach, in which observational data collected from the commercial farming setting are “mined” to quantify both biological variables and farmer beh ...