Jump to Main Content
- Smith J. F.; Catchot A. L.; Musser F. R.; Gore J.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.2 pp. 807-815
- Gossypium hirsutum; Tetranychus urticae; abamectin; acephate; aldicarb; cotton; cotyledons; fecundity; field experimentation; foliar application; furrows; imidacloprid; laboratory experimentation; mite infestations; mites; seed treatment; seedlings; thiamethoxam; thiodicarb
- ... Twelve field experiments and one laboratory experiment were conducted to determine the effects of furrow applied aldicarb and seed treatments of thiamethoxam, imidacloprid, Avicta (thiamethoxam + abamectin), Aeris (imidacloprid + thiodicarb), and acephate on twospotted spider mite, Tetranychus urticae Koch, on cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L. For the field experiments, data were pooled across all exp ...
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...