Jump to Main Content
- Tewari S.; Buonaccorsi J. P.; Averill A. L.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1339-1348
- Dasineura oxycoccana; Vaccinium macrocarpon; apical meristems; buds; cranberries; cultivars; dormancy; flowers; fruits; greenhouse experimentation; growing season; herbivores; larvae; plant response; shoots; vegetative growth; Massachusetts
- ... Larvae of cranberry tipworm, Dasineura oxycoccana Johnson, disrupt early season growth of cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon Aiton) uprights or shoots by feeding on apical meristem tissue. A 2-yr field study was carried out at three different locations to determine the impact of tipworm feeding injury on the reproductive and vegetative growth of two cranberry cultivars (‘Howes’ and ‘Stevens’) in Mas ...
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...