Jump to Main Content
- Yocum, George D.; Rinehart, Joseph P.; Kemp, William P.
- Journal of economic entomology 2012 v.105 no.1 pp. 14
- Megachile rotundata; adults; alfalfa; crop production; eclosion; flowering; incubation period; nesting; pollination; pollinators; seed productivity; spring; temperature; weather
- ... Synchronizing Megachile rotundata (F.) nesting activity with alfalfa bloom is essential for ensuring optimal pollination for alfalfa seed production. This is achieved by timing the initiation of spring bee incubation so that adults will emerge approximately 2 wk before peak bloom. If weather conditions change so as to delay the bloom, bee managers will commonly expose the developing bees to a peri ...
- Athanassiou, Christos G.; Phillips, Thomas W.; Aikins, M. Jamie; Hasan, M. Mahbub; Throne, James E.
- Journal of economic entomology 2012 v.105 no.1 pp. 282
- Lepinotus reticulatus; Liposcelis; Psocidae; adults; eggs; insect control; insecticidal properties; methyl bromide; mortality; nymphs; storage insects; sulfuryl fluoride
- ... With the phase-out and impending ban of methyl bromide, sulfuryl fluoride is among the most promising alternative fumigant insecticides for control of stored-product insect pests. It has been evaluated for control of several stored-product insect pests, but there are few data available on its efficacy for control of stored-product psocids (Psocoptera). We evaluated sulfuryl fluoride for control of ...