Jump to Main Content
- Adán, Ángeles; Viñuela, Elisa; Bengochea, Paloma; Budia, Flor; Estal, Pedro Del; Aguado, Pedro; Medina, Pilar
- Journal of economic entomology 2011 v.104 no.5 pp. 1541-1549
- longevity, etc ; Bactrocera oleae; Ceratitis capitata; Psyttalia; dimethoate; exposure pathways; females; fipronil; imidacloprid; larvae; mortality; parasitism; parasitoids; progeny; sublethal effects; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Psyttalia concolor (Szèpligeti) (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) is a koinobiont endoparasitoid of several species of tephritid (Diptera) larvae, such as Bactrocera oleae (Gmelin) and Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann). Here, we report on the effects of imidacloprid and fipronil on P. concolor females, when different routes of exposure were evaluated: residual contact (cover and bait sprays) and via treatmen ...
- He, Yuxian; Zhao, Jianwei; Wu, Dongdong; Wyckhuys, Kris A.G.; Wu, Kongming
- Journal of economic entomology 2011 v.104 no.3 pp. 833-838
- longevity, etc ; Bemisia tabaci; Hemiptera; acute toxicity; adults; egg production; eggs; fecundity; females; greenhouse production; hatching; honeydew; imidacloprid; integrated pest management; leaves; molting; mortality; nymphs; pesticide application; pests; population growth; sex ratio; sublethal effects; tropical agriculture; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The sweetpotato whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae), is one of the most important pests in tropical and subtropical agriculture and is a key pest in greenhouse production worldwide. Current management of B. tabaci relies upon frequent applications of insecticides. Insecticide use not only directly affects pest populations through acute toxicity but also has indirect (subl ...