Jump to Main Content
- Fermaud, M.
- Journal of economic entomology 1998 v.91 no.4 pp. 974-980
- Vitis vinifera; Lobesia botrana; cultivars; varietal resistance; plant morphology; larvae; mortality; viticulture; France
- ... A 3-yr study was conducted in 2 experimental vineyards near Bordeaux by using artificial infestations of berry clusters with eggs of Lobesia botrana (Denis & Schiffermuller). Settling of neonates and subsequent larval survival were used to measure host susceptibility. Infestation by 2nd generation larvae was influenced significantly by the cultivar every year. The cultivars in increasing order of ...
- Kreiter, S.; Sentenac, G.; Barthes, D.; Auger, P.
- Journal of economic entomology 1998 v.91 no.4 pp. 802-811
- Typhlodromus pyri; predatory mites; sulfur; dinocap; flusilazole; toxicity; population density; fungicide resistance; nontarget organisms; viticulture; adverse effects; France
- ... A population of Typhlodromus pyri Scheuten in Burgundy, France, was tested over a 4-yr period with 4 different registered fungicides applied at recommended field rates. Toxicities of these fungicides were found to be stable over the 4 yr except for that of dinocap. Dinocap (Karathane LC, formulation with 73% phenylcrotonates, 5% nitrophenols, and 22% solvent, mainly xylene and impurities before 19 ...