Jump to Main Content
- Legg, D.E.; Lockwood, J.A.; Brewer, M.J.
- Journal of economic entomology 1996 v.89 no.5 pp. 1143-1150
- pest management; sampling; rangelands; models; population density; Acrididae; Wyoming
- ... Two studies were conducted near Guernsey, WY, to investigate intersampler variability in grasshopper counts when using the standard visualized 0.1-m2 sampling method. This method is commonly used by researchers and pest managers. The 1st study involved comparing grasshopper counts of samplers from 3 interest groups: (1) ranchers, (2) pest management practitioners (USDA-APHIS-PPQ personnel), and (3 ...
- Eritja, R.
- Journal of economic entomology 1996 v.89 no.5 pp. 1338-1341
- discriminant analysis; Culex pipiens; biometry; sex determination; body measurements; abnormal development; thorax; wings; sexual dimorphism
- ... Gynandromorphism in mosquitoes is an infrequent phenomenon which may have useful applications in mosquito physiology, embryology, and genetics, and it could also provide valuable material for the development of nonchemical control methods. To study the bilateral sexual expression on the thorax of a damaged, wild-caught northern house mosquito, Culex pipiens L., 1758 gynandromorph, statistical disc ...