Jump to Main Content
- Jackson D. Michael; Harrison Howard F.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1456-1462
- Agricultural Research Service; Chaetocnema confinis; Cylas formicarius elegantulus; Diabrotica; Elateridae; Phyllophaga; Systena; beetle infestations; breeding programs; cultivars; field experimentation; genotype; germplasm; insect larvae; insect pests; insect resistance; roots; soil insects; sweet potatoes; South Carolina
- ... Fifty-nine sweetpotato cultivars, including 16 heirlooms, 11 near-heirlooms (developed in the 1960s and 1970s), 19 cultivars from the 1980s, and 13 modern varieties (since 1990), were evaluated for resistance to soil insects in field experiments during 2010–2011 at the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agriculture Research Service, U.S. Vegetable Laboratory (USDA-ARS, USVL), Charleston, SC. These exp ...
- Vernon, Robert S.; Van Herk, Willem G.; Clodius, Markus; Harding, Chantelle
- Journal of economic entomology 2009 v.102 no.6 pp. 2126-2136
- Elateridae; insect pests; lindane; pest monitoring; pyrethroid insecticides; neonicotinoid insecticides; pyrazoles; plant pests; wheat; stand density; population density; insect control; seed treatment; mortality
- ... The efficacy of various insecticidal seed treatments in protecting wheat, Triticum aestivum L., from wireworm damage as well as reducing wireworm (Coleoptera: Elateridae) populations was studied over 3 yr. Protection from wireworm damage was measured by postplanting stand counts, and effects on wireworm populations were measured by within-row core samples and by bait traps placed in plots the foll ...