Jump to Main Content
- Rosenheim Jay A.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1286-1293
- Gossypium hirsutum; Lygus hesperus; abscission; buds; commercial farms; cotton; data collection; decision making; defoliants; farmers; farmers' attitudes; herbivores; observational studies; pest management; plant growth; plant growth substances
- ... Because the farmer is typically excluded from the experimental research setting, experimental research may face challenges in evaluating pest management tactics whose costs and benefits hinge on farmer decision-making. In these cases an ecoinformatics approach, in which observational data collected from the commercial farming setting are “mined” to quantify both biological variables and farmer beh ...
- Leigh, T.F.; Kerby, T.A.; Wynholds, P.F.
- Journal of economic entomology 1988 v.81 no.5 pp. 1328-1337
- Gossypium hirsutum; plant damage; Lygus hesperus; population density; field experimentation; abscission; California
- ... Numbers of Lygus herperus Knight per 50 net sweeps and numbers of abscised and lygus bug damaged squares per cotton plant terminal were counted weekly. Square abscission and square damage showed a high positive correlation with L. hesperus numbers (r = 0.92, n = 7, for week of count and r = 0.69, n = 63 for June through July) and with square age (r = 0.96, n = 20); fruit set on first and second sy ...