Jump to Main Content
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...
- James P Glover; Michael J Brewer; Megha N Parajulee; Gregory A Sword
- Journal of economic entomology 2019 v.112 no.3 pp. 1227-1236
- Acrosternum hilare; Creontiades; Euschistus servus; Gossypium hirsutum; Piezodorus guildinii; adults; cages; field experimentation; insects; lint cotton; plant damage; plant response; water stress
- ... Whole-plant cage field experiments were conducted in 2014, 2015, and 2016 to characterize cotton injury from a species complex of boll-feeding sucking bugs represented by the verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus (Distant) (Hemiptera: Miridae), brown stink bug, Euschistus servus (Say), green stink bug, Acrosternum hilare (Say), and redbanded stink bug, Piezodorus guildinii (Westwood) (Hemiptera: P ...