Jump to Main Content
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...
- Naranjo, Steven E.; Ellsworth, Peter C.; Dierig, David A.
- Journal of economic entomology 2011 v.104 no.5 pp. 1575-1583
- arthropods; Physaria fendleri; resins; sweep nets; alfalfa; insects; plant damage; hydroxy fatty acids; forage; Lesquerella; nymphs; industrial applications; agroecosystems; biolubricants; cultivars; buds; horticultural crops; coatings; corrosion; seed oils; plastics; oilseed crops; pests; crop-weed competition; Lygus; seed yield; waxes; additives; cotton; lipid content; pods; pesticide application; Medicago sativa; flowers; biofuels; cosmetics; fruiting
- ... Lesquerella, Physaria fendleri (A. Gray) S. Watson, is a mustard native to the western United States and is currently being developed as a commercial source of valuable hydroxy fatty acids that can be used in a number of industrial applications, including biolubricants, biofuel additives, motor oils, resins, waxes, nylons, plastics, corrosion inhibitors, cosmetics, and coatings. The plant is culti ...