Jump to Main Content
- Razmjou, J.; Moharramipour, S.; Fathipour, Y.; Mirhoseini, S.Z.
- Journal of economic entomology 2006 v.99 no.5 pp. 1820-1825
- Aphis gossypii; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; cultivars; varietal resistance; insect development; mortality; insect reproduction; fecundity; life tables; Iran
- ... Cotton aphids, Aphis gossypii Glover (Homoptera: Aphididae), obtained from cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., fields in the Gorgan region of northern Iran, were colonized on 'Varamin' cotton plants in a growth chamber. The development, survivorship, and life table parameters of the cotton aphid were evaluated at 27.5 +/- 1 degrees C, 65 +/- 10% RH, and aphotoperiod of 14:10 (L:D) h of artificial light ...
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...