Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Wen-Long; Leopold, Roger A.; Boetel, Mark A.
- Journal of economic entomology 2008 v.101 no.6 pp. 1760
- longevity, etc ; Gonatocerus ashmeadi; parasitoids; adult insects; cold storage; storage temperature; storage time; females; mortality; parasitism; insect reproduction; oviposition; fecundity; progeny; insect development; sex ratio; chilling injury; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Storage of Gonatocerus ashmeadi Girault (Hymenoptera: Mymaridae) adults at 2, 5, and 10°C showed that these parasitoids do not survive at 2°C for 5 d, and exposure to 5 and 10°C shortens their life span. The lethal time (LT)50 (i.e., length of storage time for 50% wasp survival) at 5°C was 14 d for males and approximately equal to 29 d for females, whereas at 10°C was 32 and 39 d, respectively. Ef ...
- Amarasekare, Kaushalya G.; Chong, Juang-Horng; Epsky, Nancy D.; Mannion, Catharine M.
- Journal of economic entomology 2008 v.101 no.6 pp. 1798
- longevity, etc ; life cycle (organisms); Paracoccus marginatus; life history; temperature; egg hatchability; insect development; insect reproduction; oviposition; fecundity; sex ratio; mortality; gender differences; heat sums; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Effect of temperature on the life history of the mealybug Paracoccus marginatus Williams & Granara de Willink (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) was investigated in the laboratory. P. marginatus was able to develop and complete its life cycle at 18, 20, 25, and 30 ± 1°C. At 15, 34, and 35°C, the eggs hatched after 27.5, 5.9, and 5.5 d of incubation, respectively, but further development of the first-inst ...