Jump to Main Content
- Zaman, Faruque U.; Calvin, Dennis D.; Rajotte, Edwin G.; Sumerford, Douglas V.
- Journal of economic entomology 2010 v.103 no.2 pp. 249
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Ostrinia nubilalis; insect pests; plant pests; Macrocentrus; natural enemies; parasitoids; biological control agents; ecotypes; natural selection; selection response; life history; univoltine habit; eclosion; adult insects; diapause; sex ratio; weight; overwintering; evolution; Pennsylvania; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Synchronization between a parasitoid and its preferred host is an essential strategy for successful biological control. Two ecotypes of Ostrinia nubilalis (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) in North America are distinguished by their voltinism. In this study, the differential impact of a specialist parasitoid, Macrocentrus cingulum Brischke (Hymenoptera: Braconidae), on the univoltine and multivol ...
- Barry, James D.; Rodriguez-Saona, Cesar R.; Polk, Dean F.; Zhang, Aijun
- Journal of economic entomology 2010 v.103 no.2 pp. 284
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Caloptilia; insect pests; plant pests; Vaccinium corymbosum; blueberries; fruit crops; seasonal variation; population dynamics; life history; parasitoids; pest monitoring; pheromone traps; shoots; plant growth; flowers; fruiting; buds; insect development; ova; eclosion; heat sums; air temperature; Pholetesor; New Jersey; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The leafminer Caloptilia porphyretica Braun (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae), has become a frequent pest in commercial highbush blueberries, Vaccinium corymbosum L., in New Jersey, but little is known about its seasonal abundance, life history, and parasitism rates. Monitoring programs were conducted from 2003 to 2006 on seven blueberry farms to determine the relative abundance of this leafminer by u ...