Jump to Main Content
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2009 v.102 no.3 pp. 1317
- Diabrotica virgifera virgifera; rootworms; Zea mays; corn; pest resistance; plant genetic resources; germplasm screening; inbred lines; topcrossing; hybrids; heterosis; crop damage; Missouri; South Dakota; Illinois
- ... The western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera (LeConte), is a major pest of maize, Zea mays L., in the United States and Europe, and it is likely to increase in importance as a trend toward increased nonrotated maize favors larger rootworm populations. Options for rootworm management in nonrotated maize in Europe and in nontransgenic “refuge” areas in countries that permit transgenic m ...
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2009 v.102 no.6 pp. 2350
- insect pests; Diabrotica virgifera virgifera; corn; Zea mays; insect control; biological control; host plants; genotype; biological resistance; hybrids; transgenic plants; resistance mechanisms; antibiosis; larvae; adult insects; growth retardation; eclosion; mortality; plant damage; root growth
- ... Seven maize, Zea mays L., genotypes selected for native resistance to western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera LeConte (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), larval feeding damage (SUM2068, SUM2162, CRW3 (S1) C6, NSS1×CRW3 (S1) C6, PI583927, CRW2 (C5), and AR17056–16) were evaluated along with three control maize genotypes in the field for plant damage, larval recovery, adult emergence, root si ...