Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, H.; Krause, C.R.; Zondag, R.H.; Brazee, R.D.; Derksen, R.C.; Reding, M.E.; Fausey, N.R.
- Journal of environmental horticulture 2005 v.23 no.1 pp. 47
- plant nurseries; nursery crops; pot culture; horticultural crops; ornamental woody plants; water use; water use efficiency; nutrient use efficiency; plant nutrition; water quality; irrigation; drainage; soil water content; soil temperature; leachates; nitrogen; phosphorus; potassium
- ... Techniques are needed to monitor nursery production practices for proper use of water resources and nutrient management. An experimental system to examine water quality, irrigation efficiency and drainage from pot-in-pot nursery container production was established in a commercial nursery. The system mainly consisted of 50 pot-in-pot containers with 50 trees irrigated with micro spray stakes, drai ...
- Reed, S.M.
- Journal of environmental horticulture 2005 v.23 no.1 pp. 29
- water content; Cornus florida; ornamental woody plants; planting seed; storage temperature; seed germination; viability; vigor; seedlings; seedling growth
- ... Dogwood producers occasionally face a shortage of flowering dogwood seed. Storing excess seed during years when seed are abundant would allow growers to stabilize their seed supply. This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of seed moisture and storage temperature on the viability of stored flowering dogwood seed. Seed were collected in Fall 1999 and 2000, dried to 6, 10 and 14% moisture co ...