Jump to Main Content
- Kaliyavaradhan, Senthil Kumar; Ling, Tung-Chai; Guo, Ming-Zhi; Mo, Kim Hung
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.241 pp. 383-396
- byproducts; confocal laser scanning microscopy; hemorrhage; recycling; soil; sustainable development; wastes
- ... The exponential growth of waste generation is posing serious environmental issues and thus requires urgent management and recycling action to achieve green sustainable development. Controlled low-strength material (CLSM) is a highly flowable cementitious backfill material with self-consolidating properties. The CLSM efficiency during construction and final performance at the site depends on its pl ...
- Withey, Patrick; Sullivan, Deny; Lantz, Van
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.241 pp. 44-52
- cities; climate change; contingent valuation; education; floods; gender; income; infrastructure; issues and policy; models; regression analysis; risk; sea level; storms; willingness to pay
- ... Climate change poses risks to coastal cities due to sea-level rise and changes in storm surge. Using the contingent valuation method and payment card format, this paper seeks to estimate residents of Halifax Regional Municipality's willingness to pay (WTP) for protection from flooding impacts from storm surge. The contribution of this study is the application of this method in a previously unstudi ...