Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Kai; Chen, Shaowei
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.245 pp. 282-290
- air pollution; environmental governance; environmental performance; environmental protection; issues and policy; models; China
- ... It's critical for environmental governance to understand the effectiveness of various policy interventions as well as their working mechanisms. This paper focuses on the campaign-style enforcement, a sort of policy intervention understudied in environmental governance literature. Specifically, we study the central environmental protection inspection (CEPI), an unprecedented environmental campaign ...
- Xu, Wenxuan; Sun, Jiaqi; Liu, Yongxue; Xiao, Yue; Tian, Yongzhong; Zhao, Bingxue; Zhang, Xueqian
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.245 pp. 66-75
- air; air pollution; automobiles; cluster analysis; econometrics; energy; environmental Kuznets curve; industry; models; monitoring; pollutants; river deltas; spatial variation; summer; temporal variation; time series analysis; vegetation; winter; China; Yangtze River; Yellow River
- ... Air pollution in China has become a matter of significant public concern. In this study, we investigated the spatiotemporal patterns and socioeconomic drivers of air pollution in China during 2005–2016, based on a long time series of air monitoring data together with the spatial econometrics model. The results show that air pollution in China as a whole exhibited a decreasing trend during the stud ...