Jump to Main Content
- Li, Ning; Zeng, Wei; Guo, Yu; Li, Chao; Ma, Chenyang; Peng, Yongzhen
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.247 pp. 603-612
- sewage treatment, etc ; Nitrobacter; ammonium; ammonium nitrogen; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bacterial communities; dissolved oxygen; genes; isotope labeling; long term effects; niches; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; pollution load; surveys; symbiosis; total nitrogen; wastewater; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Anaerobic ammonium oxidation coupled with partial nitritation is critical for cleaner production in sewage treatment. The long-term effects of high- and low-strength influent ammonium (NH4+-N) on the anammox activity, ecological niche characteristics and active microbial community were investigated in a one-stage partial nitritation/anammox (PN/A) process. The total nitrogen (TN) removal efficienc ...
- Yates, Christopher A.; Johnes, Penny J.; Spencer, Robert G.M.
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.232 pp. 919-927
- sewage treatment, etc ; carbon; case studies; environmental health; landscapes; laws and regulations; molecular weight; nitrogen; organic matter; phosphorus; rivers; septic systems; streams; surveys; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water; watersheds; United Kingdom; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Sewage treatment systems are a common feature across the landscape of the United Kingdom, serving an estimated 96% of the population and discharging approximately eleven billion litres of treated wastewater daily. While large treatment facilities are ubiquitous across the landscape, they are not the only method employed in domestic wastewater treatment. This study investigates whether differences ...