Jump to Main Content
- Yates, Christopher A.; Johnes, Penny J.; Spencer, Robert G.M.
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.232 pp. 919-927
- sewage treatment, etc ; carbon; case studies; environmental health; landscapes; laws and regulations; molecular weight; nitrogen; organic matter; phosphorus; rivers; septic systems; streams; surveys; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water; watersheds; United Kingdom; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Sewage treatment systems are a common feature across the landscape of the United Kingdom, serving an estimated 96% of the population and discharging approximately eleven billion litres of treated wastewater daily. While large treatment facilities are ubiquitous across the landscape, they are not the only method employed in domestic wastewater treatment. This study investigates whether differences ...
- Devatha, C.P.; Pavithra, N.
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.232 pp. 584-591
- sewage treatment, etc ; Eichhornia crassipes; Pseudomonas; agitation; bacteria; bacterial growth; biopolymers; cellulose; environmental factors; neural networks; pH; response surface methodology; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sodium alginate; sorbents; triclosan; wastewater; wastewater treatment; India; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Triclosan (TCS) is a well-known emerging contaminant got wide use in daily use products of domestic purpose, which provides the way to enter the ecological cycle, and is preferably detected in sewage treatment plants. In this study, TCS degrading bacteria (TDB) was isolated and identified from a wastewater treatment plant at the National Institute of Technology-Karnataka, Surathkal (NITK), India. ...