Jump to Main Content
- Zbair, M.; Anfar, Z.; Ait Ahsaine, H.; El Alem, N.; Ezahri, M.
- Journal of environmental management 2018 v.206 pp. 383-397
- zinc oxide, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; acridine orange; activated carbon; adsorption; almond shells; aqueous solutions; composite materials; electrostatic interactions; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; hydrogen bonding; models; pH; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature; thermodynamics; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Zinc Oxide/Activated Carbon Powder was used for the adsorptive removal of Acridine Orange dye (AO) from aqueous solution. The prepared composite material was characterized using XRD, XPS, SEM, EDS, FTIR, XRF, Raman, BET surface area and TGA/DTA. The adsorption isotherms, kinetics and thermodynamic studies of AO onto the ZnO-AC were thoroughly analyzed. The kinetic modeling data revealed that the a ...
- Li, Ronghua; Liang, Wen; Wang, Jim J.; Gaston, Lewis A.; Huang, Di; Huang, Hui; Lei, Shuang; Awasthi, Mukesh Kumar; Zhou, Baoyue; Xiao, Ran; Zhang, Zengqiang
- Journal of environmental management 2018 v.212 pp. 77-87
- magnesium oxide, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; arsenates; arsenic; biomass; carbon; crystals; hybridization; ionic strength; lead; magnesium; methylene blue; models; pH; pollutants; sorption isotherms; sugarcane; temperature; wastewater treatment; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Enhancing the contaminant adsorption capacity is a key factor affecting utilization of carbon-based adsorbents in wastewater treatment and encouraging development of biomass thermo-disposal. In this study, a novel MgO hybrid sponge-like carbonaceous composite (HSC) derived from sugarcane leafy trash was prepared through an integrated adsorption-pyrolysis method. The resulted HSC composite was char ...