Jump to Main Content
- Li, Sen; Juhász-Horváth, Linda; Harrison, Paula A.; Pintér, László; Rounsevell, Mark D.A.
- Journal of environmental management 2017 v.185 pp. 21-30
- agricultural industry; climate change; farm ownership; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farms; household surveys; humans; issues and policy; landowners; path analysis; risk; sales; water shortages; weather; Hungary
- ... Understanding how farmers perceive climate change risks and how this affects their willingness to adopt adaptation practices is critical for developing effective climate change response strategies for the agricultural sector. This study examines (i) the perceptual relationships between farmers' awareness of climate change phenomena, beliefs in climate change risks and actual adaptation behaviour, ...
- Andreopoulos, Dimitrios; Damigos, Dimitrios
- Journal of environmental management 2017 v.185 pp. 44-53
- climate change; cost effectiveness; income; issues and policy; rivers; watersheds; Greece; Italy
- ... The attempt to design cost-effective adaptation policies incorporating non-market values to inhibit climate change impacts on water resources may increase the interest in applying the Benefit Transfer method. Benefit Transfer is a practical way to consider non-market values using functions and estimates acquired through primary valuation methods from other sites. Among the primary methods, Choice ...