Jump to Main Content
- McCarney-Castle, Kerry; Childress, Tristan M.; Heaton, Christian R.
- Journal of environmental management 2017 v.185 pp. 60-69
- Bayesian theory; aquatic organisms; bank erosion; basins; carbon; cost effectiveness; habitat conservation; highlands; models; monitoring; nitrogen; piedmont; pollution load; prediction; riparian areas; sediment yield; sediments; stable isotopes; stream flow; streams; suspended sediment; tiles; tracer techniques; watersheds; South Carolina
- ... Many streams in the Piedmont region of the southeastern United States transport a disproportionately large amount of suspended sediment in response to moderately increased streamflows. Transport and deposition of excess sediment affect the stability of the channel and the health of the biological community; therefore, identifying the main source(s) of sediment and assessing the relationships betwe ...
- Andreopoulos, Dimitrios; Damigos, Dimitrios
- Journal of environmental management 2017 v.185 pp. 44-53
- climate change; cost effectiveness; income; issues and policy; rivers; watersheds; Greece; Italy
- ... The attempt to design cost-effective adaptation policies incorporating non-market values to inhibit climate change impacts on water resources may increase the interest in applying the Benefit Transfer method. Benefit Transfer is a practical way to consider non-market values using functions and estimates acquired through primary valuation methods from other sites. Among the primary methods, Choice ...