Jump to Main Content
- Andersson, Fredrik N.G.
- Journal of environmental management 2017
- property rights, etc ; carbon; carbon dioxide; developed countries; emissions; international trade; risk; trade liberalization; China; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The carbon dioxide embodied in Chinese exports to developed countries increased rapidly from 1995 to 2008. We test the extent to which institutional reforms in China can explain this increase. We focus on five areas of reforms: trade liberalization, environmental institutions, legal and property rights, institutional risk and exchange rate policy. Our results show that trade liberalization, weak e ...
- Peterson St-Laurent, Guillaume; Hagerman, Shannon; Hoberg, George
- Journal of environmental management 2017 v.203 pp. 208-217
- property rights, etc ; First Nations; carbon; carbon markets; case studies; climate; cost effectiveness; economic incentives; environmental policy; experts; forests; funding; governance; interviews; nongovernmental organizations; private sector; public opinion; British Columbia; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... In recent years, the provision of economic incentives through carbon financing and carbon offsetting has been central to efforts at forest carbon mitigation. However, notwithstanding their potentially important roles in climate policy, forest carbon offsets face numerous barriers which have limited widespread implementation worldwide. This paper uses the case study of the Canadian province of Brit ...