Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Haowei; Jiang, Jianguo; Li, Menglu; Yan, Feng; Gong, Changxiu; Wang, Quan
- Journal of environmental management 2016 v.166 pp. 407-413
- sewage treatment, etc ; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; denitrification; food waste; liquids; nitrates; nitrogen content; sewage; summer; volatile fatty acids; wastewater; wastewater treatment; winter; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The production of volatile fatty acids (VFAs) from food waste to improve biological nutrient removal has drawn much attention. In this study, acidogenic liquid from food waste was used as an alternative carbon source for synthetic wastewater treatment. C/N ratios of 5 and 6 were suitable for denitrification, and the change in acidogenic liquid composition had no negative effect on denitrification. ...
- Yen, Feng-Chi; You, Sheng-Jie; Chang, Tien-Chin
- Journal of environmental management 2016
- sewage treatment, etc ; activated carbon; cost analysis; desalination; effluents; electrodialysis; filtration; reverse osmosis; sand; turbidity; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water quality; water reuse; water shortages; Taiwan; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Wastewater reclamation is considered an absolute necessity in Taiwan, as numerous industrial parks experience water shortage. However, the water quality of secondary treated effluents from sewage treatment plants generally does not meet the requirements of industrial water use because of the high inorganic constituents. This paper reports experimental data from a pilot-plant study of two treatment ...