Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Annamaria; Chiarello, Gian Luca; Selli, Elena; Guarino, Marcella
- Journal of environmental management 2012 v.96 no.1 pp. 86-90
- air; air quality; ammonia; animal performance; best available technology; carbon dioxide; coatings; farmers; farms; feed conversion; internal temperature; lamps; methane; nitrous oxide; paints; particulate emissions; piglets; pollutants; relative humidity; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation; weaning; weight gain
- ... The beneficial effect of a TiO₂-based photocatalytic treatment on the indoor air purification of a swine farm has been evaluated in a trial performed in two identical mechanically ventilated traditional weaning units, with 391 animals lodged in each of them. One unit was used as reference, whereas the walls of the second unit (260 m²) were coated with ca. 70 g m⁻² of TiO₂ and irradiated with ten U ...
- Zhang, Dong Qing; Tan, Soon Keat; Gersberg, Richard M.; Zhu, Junfei; Sadreddini, Sara; Li, Yifei
- Journal of environmental management 2012 v.96 no.1 pp. 1-6
- aeration; ammonia; aquatic plants; chemical oxygen demand; environmental factors; nitrogen; oxidation; oxygen; phosphorus; planting; rhizosphere; subsurface flow; wetlands
- ... The aim of this investigation was to evaluate the influence of batch versus continuous flow on the removal efficiencies of chemical oxygen demand (COD), nitrogen (N) and total phosphorus (TP) in tropical subsurface flow constructed wetlands (SSF CW). The quantitative role of the higher aquatic plants in nutrient removal in these two operational modes was also investigated. Results indicated no sig ...