Jump to Main Content
- Sawidis, Thomas; Tsikritzis, Lazaros; Tsigaridas, Konstantinos
- Journal of environmental management 2009 v.90 no.8 pp. 2620-2627
- soil pollution; polluted soils; cesium; mosses and liverworts; indicator species; forest trees; bark; bioaccumulation; temporal variation; Greece; Macedonia
- ... ¹³⁷Cs activities in mosses and substrate (soil, bark) collected from W. Macedonia, Greece were measured 20 years after the Chernobyl reactor accident. Archive material from previous studies was also used for comparison and diachronic estimation of the radio-contamination status. A gradual decrease was detected which depended on various factors such as the collected species, location, growth rate a ...
- Ahumada, Inés; Gudenschwager, Orianne; Carrasco, M. Adriana; Castillo, Gabriela; Ascar, Loreto; Richter, Pablo
- Journal of environmental management 2009 v.90 no.8 pp. 2665-2671
- soil pollution; biosolids; sewage sludge; soil amendments; copper; zinc; heavy metals; bioavailability; bioaccumulation; Lolium perenne; Trifolium subterraneum; greenhouse experimentation; Chile
- ... The purpose of this study was assessing Cu and Zn availabilities in soils amended with a biosolid through the determination of their sequentially extracted chemical forms and their relationship with the contents of these metals in ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) and subterranean clover (Trifolium subterraneum L.) plant tissues cultivated in a greenhouse using four soils classified as Aquic Xerochrept ...