Jump to Main Content
- Yates, Christopher A.; Johnes, Penny J.; Spencer, Robert G.M.
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.232 pp. 919-927
- sewage treatment, etc ; carbon; case studies; environmental health; landscapes; laws and regulations; molecular weight; nitrogen; organic matter; phosphorus; rivers; septic systems; streams; surveys; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water; watersheds; United Kingdom; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Sewage treatment systems are a common feature across the landscape of the United Kingdom, serving an estimated 96% of the population and discharging approximately eleven billion litres of treated wastewater daily. While large treatment facilities are ubiquitous across the landscape, they are not the only method employed in domestic wastewater treatment. This study investigates whether differences ...
- Zhang, Haowei; Jiang, Jianguo; Li, Menglu; Yan, Feng; Gong, Changxiu; Wang, Quan
- Journal of environmental management 2016 v.166 pp. 407-413
- sewage treatment, etc ; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; denitrification; food waste; liquids; nitrates; nitrogen content; sewage; summer; volatile fatty acids; wastewater; wastewater treatment; winter; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The production of volatile fatty acids (VFAs) from food waste to improve biological nutrient removal has drawn much attention. In this study, acidogenic liquid from food waste was used as an alternative carbon source for synthetic wastewater treatment. C/N ratios of 5 and 6 were suitable for denitrification, and the change in acidogenic liquid composition had no negative effect on denitrification. ...